Natural swimming pools use various methods of water filtration that do not involve adding or manufacturing any chemicals to maintain the clear safe water to swim in. They re-create an environment akin to that of a clear river, water hole or creek that you can safely swim in.
Most of the systems have european origins. A listing follows of the systems which have previously been or are currently being installed in Australia. In my research and discussions with designers and installers I understand that only the Hyrdobalance system has a solid track record in Australia.
- Appear to be inactive in Australia currently.
- Previously represented by Peter Watson.
- No response was received to a request for an Australian installer / representative made to the parent company in late 2014.
- Natural Swimming Pools Australia is the local partner – http://naturalswimpools.com.au/
- Based in Victoria.
- One of the most widely used natural pool systems.
- Uses an aggregate filter through which water is pumped at a low pressure / speed but on a 24 x 7 basis through summer.
- The filtration bed doesn’t need to contain plants and can be on displayed or covered (eg under a deck).
- GartenArt is the local partner who provides design services and supplies components – http://www.gartenart-australia.com/
- Pool builders:
Other installers & resources
- http://www.riverwaterpools.com.au/ – Albury NSW
- Book: Natural Swimming Pools by Michael Littlewood