Windows are both a major source of heat loss and heat gain in any home.
Options for reducing unwanted heat loss or gain through your windows:
- Clear comfort - http://www.clearcomfort.com.au/
- Magnetite – http://www.magnetite.com.au/
- Renshade - http://www.concertinafoilbatts.com/renshade.htm
- Enerlogic – http://www.enerlogicwindowfilms.com.au/
- Replace existing glass with double glazed elements
- Replace window & frame with a double glazed unit.
- Install Curtains or Blinds
Double Glazed Windows
Whilst much of Australia doesn’t have the extreme cold in which double glazing is normally found – achieving a high level of efficiency on homes still requires double glazing. The major window manufacturers and suppliers don’t appear to have sufficient interest/volume to understand it (most discouraged or declined to quote on products even where listed on their websites). Smaller/niche vendors appear to be the best option.
Glazing vendors that understand and can assist you with double glazing include:
- Wilkins Windows (Sydney) – http://www.wilkinswindows.com.au
- Aneeta Windows – http://www.aneetawindows.com.au
- DuoGlass (Perth) – http://www.duoglass.com.au/
- Trend Windows – http://www.trendwindows.com.au/
- Hanlon Windows – http://www.hanlonwindows.com.au/