Floatron‘s seem to be a well hidden secret in Australia. It’s a floating device that purifies the water through a process of ionisation.
- It runs on solar power
- It floats in your pool and so requires no installation work
- Requires that your pool receives a reasonable amount of direct sunlight each day
- Reduces the amount of Chlorine in your pool hence reducing the number of hours each day your pool pump needs to run for
- Works with or without a pool cover
For detailed user reviews see:
- David Rowe’s blog
- ATA Magazine issue No. 110 (paid download or subscription required)
The Floatron can be purchased online from Smarthome and shipped to Australia for approximately $350 (subject to exchange rate and shipping charges).